navigation-background arrow-down-circle Reply Icon Show More Heart Delete Icon wiki-circle wiki-square wiki arrow-up-circle add-circle add-square add arrow-down arrow-left arrow-right arrow-up calendar-circle chat-bubble-2 chat-bubble check-circle check close contact-us credit-card drag menu email embed facebook-circle snapchat-circle facebook-square facebook faq-circle faq film gear google-circle google-square googleplus history home instagram-circle instagram-square instagram linkedin-circle linkedin-square linkedin load monitor Video Player Play Icon person pinterest-circle pinterest-square pinterest play readlist remove-circle remove-square remove search share share2 sign-out star trailer trash twitter-circle twitter-square twitter youtube-circle youtube-square youtube

Former vice commander of the 20th Fighter Wing pleads guilty in child porn court-martial

March 16, 2017 (Photo Credit: A1C Jonathan Bass / Air Force)
Col. William Jones, the former vice commander of the 20th Fighter Wing at Shaw Air Force Base in South Carolina, pleaded guilty Wednesday to one charge of wrongfully possessing multiple videos and images of child pornography.

The 20th Fighter Wing said in a release that the sentencing phase of Jones' court-martial is still ongoing.

Jones was removed by the former commander of the 20th, Col. Stephen Jost, in February 2016 due to an unspecified loss of confidence. In July, the 20th announced Jones had been charged with possession of child pornography and obstruction of justice, though the obstruction charge was dropped during an Article 32 hearing last August. 

20th Fighter Wing spokesman Technical Sgt. Nathan Allen said in an email Thursday that Jones remains temporarily reassigned to the Ninth Air Force headquarters as deputy chief of safety, where he will remain until his court-martial is finished.
Next Article