RENO, Nev. — A member of the Nevada Air National Guard has been removed from his post in Reno while police investigate a complaint that he sexually assaulted a female guard member, officials said Friday.

The woman told KRNV-TV/Fox 11 in a report Wednesday that she had been raped multiple times at the base and believes there could be other victims.

The man, whose name was not released, was removed from his position at the Reno base on Nov. 22, the same day the woman filed a sexual assault complaint with the unit, 2nd Lt. Emerson Marcus, a public affairs officer for the 152nd Airlift Wing, said in an email to The Associated Press on Friday.

A response coordinator accompanied the woman to the Reno Police Department to file a police report, and to Reno Justice Court to initiate a temporary protective order, he said.

A formal military protective order also was issued to indefinitely remove the accused airman from work pending the outcome of the investigation, Marcus said.

“This is an ongoing investigation that the Nevada National Guard takes very seriously,” he said.

Reno police Officer Travis Warren confirmed the department has been investigating since it received the complaint.

Once civilian law enforcement completes its investigation, the Nevada National Guard can launch its own.

“To maintain integrity of the investigation, the Nevada National Guard will not release additional information regarding the specifics of the ongoing investigation at this time,” Marcus said.

He said there are seven open sexual assault cases in the Nevada National Guard statewide.

The 152nd Airlift Wing maintains a fleet of C-130 cargo planes to provide tactical air delivery and provide expeditionary combat support worldwide.

Share:
More In Your Air Force
In Other News
Load More