The hack of notorious cheating website Ashley Madison €" whose uber-classy motto is "Life is short. Have an Affair" €" is continuing to cause embarrassment around the country. And now, it's the Air Force's turn.
As the Aspen Times recently reported, website RoadSnacks.net has analyzed more than 32 million leaked accounts and come up with lists of the cities nationwide where the website is most popular. Topping the list in Colorado is none other than the U.S. Air Force Academy nearby Colorado Springs. USAFA has 464 accounts out of a population of 3,711, or 12.5 percent of the population. Colorado Springs itself is eighth on its' state's Ashley Madison list, with 6.6 percent of the population on the site (and probably also rushing to delete their browser histories).
But it's not only Colorado. Multiple Air Force and joint bases showed up on their states' lists of top Ashley Madison users, such as:
- Joint Base Elmendorf-Richardson, and Eielson Air Force Base in Alaska. Elmendorf was second on the state's list, with 11.3 percent of its population on the site, and Eielson was fourth with 5.4 percent.
- Eglin AFB tops the list in Florida, with 15.4 percent of its 2,857-strong population on Ashley Madison.
- Scott AFB, fourth on the list in Illinois at 9.1 percent.
- Barksdale AFB in Louisiana, third on that list at 12 percent.
- Joint Base Andrews, third on Maryland's list at 11.5 percent.
- Whiteman AFB, fifth on Missouri's list at 9.3 percent.
- Holloman AFB in New Mexico, second on the list at 8.2 percent.
- Minot AFB in North Dakota, third on its state's list with 9.4 percent of residents on the site (and Minot proper is right behind the base).
- Shaw AFB, sixth on the South Carolina list with 9.8 percent.
- Ellsworth AFB in South Dakota, second on the list at 6.8 percent.
- Sheppard AFB in Texas, number 3 in the state with a whopping 16.3 percent of its population on the site.
- Hill AFB is the top city in Utah, with 10.5 percent of its 3,122 population on the site.
And not to judge or anything, but ... remember, everybody, adultery is still punishable under Article 134 of the Uniform Code of Military Justice.