WASHINGTON ― President Joe Biden’s nominee for Air Force secretary and six other top Pentagon picks advanced out of the Senate Armed Services Committee by a voice vote June 10. The Senate must consider them before they can be confirmed. The nominations are as follows:
· Frank Kendall ― a former Pentagon acquisition official ― for secretary of the U.S. Air Force.
· Heidi Shyu ― a former top Army acquisition official ― for undersecretary of defense for research and engineering.
· Susanna Blume for director of the Cost Assessment and Program Evaluation office, known as CAPE.
· Jill Hruby for director of the National Nuclear Security Administration, or NNSA.
· Frank Rose for principal deputy administrator of the NNSA.
· Deborah Rosenblum for assistant secretary of defense for nuclear, chemical and biological defense.
· Christopher Maier for assistant secretary of defense for special operations/low intensity conflict.
Joe Gould was the senior Pentagon reporter for Defense News, covering the intersection of national security policy, politics and the defense industry. He had previously served as Congress reporter.