Wednesday, August 13
- Airman accused in Ramstein sailor's murder will not get death penalty
- Report: Bergdahl's platoon mates seek book, movie deal
- Further restrictions lifted for F-35 test fleet
- Air Force Academy coaches asked to help curb assaults
- Vets in workforce ramp up as military gears down
- General: DoD must change how it buys satellites
- IG: Former DARPA head promoted own company, violating rules
- U.S. military aircraft operating in northern Iraq
- Vets awaiting primary care at VA can now seek private physician
- Ask the Lawyer: The many nuances of 'aiding and abetting'
- Tricare Help: When over 65 is supplemental coverage needed?
- Mission Family: Spouses helping spouses get ahead
- Iraq PM warns of more turmoil if replaced
- Congress on board with Obama's Iraq plans
Start your day with a roundup of top defense news.
1Secretary James: 21 general officer billets to be cut in fiscal 2015
2$300 incentive pay for officers, some enlisted assigned to nuclear mission begins Oct. 1
3Air Force announces new general promotions, assignments
4Reserve chief sees window to snag those leaving active duty
5Air Force expects high op tempo for Europe rotations
- Air Force Times’ Sept. 22 issue comic
- 50 service members PT on eve of 9/11 to honor victims
- Welsh films video messages for kids with help from Elmo