Thursday, July 3
- Young, active war wounded pushing medical science
- Dempsey: Iraqi military can't regain lost territory on its own
- Commander puts 30-day ban on alcohol for incoming airmen in Korea
- Pay panel appears wary of cutting compensation
- Air Force, Navy F-35s grounded for 2nd week
- Appeals Court affirms death sentence in 2004 double murder
- VA bonuses went to officials at delay-prone hospitals
- VA official: Recruitment a challenge in Alaska
- Veteran dies waiting for ambulance in VA hospital
- Militant rocket strikes Karzai's helicopter
- California lawmakers OK stealth bomber tax break
- Ukraine's president shakes up military leadership
- Kurdish leader calls for independence referendum
- Analysis: Could Sen. Graham's Iraq battle plan work?
- Former Blackwater guard testifies against friends
- Veteran asks for courtesy with holiday fireworks
- War hero, Olympian Zamperini dies at 97
- Post-9/11 veterans unemployment at 7 percent in June
Start your day with a roundup of top defense news.
- Happy 67th birthday, Air Force!
- National POW/MIA Recognition Day
- Breedlove may get the ‘force structure pause’ he’s been asking for all along