Thursday, May 29
- Survey shows Lackland MTIs 'scared to train'
- Survey: Lower pay raise would hurt troops' morale more than finances
- 2 arrested in robbery of 100-year-old WWII vet
- Congressman: Air Force overemphasizes religious neutrality
- SecDef Hagel softens words of support for VA secretary
- In wake of VA scandal, DoD to review its health system
- 664 Reserve captains selected for major
- U.S. troubled by new Ukraine violence
- Dempsey: U.S. not 'exhausted' by decade of war
- Bonuses, incentive pay approved for some missileers
- DoD report calls for more restrictions on high-interest loans
- Widow wins VA claim 24 years after filing
- Mattis: Withdrawal plan gives enemy hope, sends wrong message to allies
- House panel proposes $570B for defense; adds monies for carrier, growlers
- N.C. veteran center declared safe after bomb threat
- Boehner reserves judgment on fate of VA's Shinseki
- Republicans shift criticism from VA to White House
- Lawmaker seeks privatization of some veterans' health care
- Michelle Obama to help lay keel for new submarine
- Parents of military suicide victims applaud proposed law
- Go big: More max-cushion shoes are hitting the market — are they right for you?
- Kevlar for the Mind: Bridging the gaps in 'cultural competency'
- Tricare Help: No requirement to give up Prime
- Consumer Watch: DeCA continues efforts to improve commissary shopping experience
- Official: No F-35 low-level training over Maine
- Sen. Franken calls on VA secretary to resign
- Bombs kill 4 in Afghanistan; NATO soldier dies
- NORAD scrambles jets as civilians keep straying into restricted airspace
- Hollywood reconsiders its portrayal of veterans
- CIA drone strike program in Pakistan winding down
Start your day with a roundup of top defense news.
1Fundraiser draws $50K to support family of pilot killed in F-15 crash
2Air Force nixes 'so help me God' requirement in oaths
3TRANSCOM chief tells vehicle shipping company to shape up
4France strikes IS depot in Iraq
5Air Force enlisted promotions overhaul likened to 'fifth-generation' aircraft
- Happy 67th birthday, Air Force!
- National POW/MIA Recognition Day
- Breedlove may get the ‘force structure pause’ he’s been asking for all along