Thursday, March 13
- Troop survey shows distrust of retirement reform proposal
- Malfunction, pilot error caused May KC-135 crash
- First F-16s arrive in Poland to bolster training mission
- U.S. commander: More focus on Haqqani militants
- Air Force nuke crew failings worse than reported
- SOUTHCOM chief: 80 percent of Colombian drugs gets to U.S.
- Panel urges end to U.S. ban on transgender troops
- It's all in the chemistry: Academy researchers work on more precise spice test
- Confidence, trepidation ahead of Crimea referendum
- Will FOX's military comedy 'Enlisted' become casualty of ratings?
- Ukraine accuses Russia of 'military aggression'
- Worker at Va. military daycare charged with abuse
- CIA-Senate spat raises murky legal, policy issues
- 54 enlisted selected for supplemental promotion
- Officials: Body found at Selfridge guard base
- Opinion: Health initiatives can save money, boost readiness
- Malaysia widens search for missing plane
- Gay veterans won't march in Boston parade
Start your day with a roundup of top defense news.
1Secretary James: 21 general officer billets to be cut in fiscal 2015
2$300 incentive pay for officers, some enlisted assigned to nuclear mission begins Oct. 1
3Air Force announces new general promotions, assignments
4Reserve chief sees window to snag those leaving active duty
5Air Force expects high op tempo for Europe rotations
- Air Force Times’ Sept. 22 issue comic
- 50 service members PT on eve of 9/11 to honor victims
- Welsh films video messages for kids with help from Elmo