Friday, October 11
- Movie review: Hanks saves best moments for last in harrowing 'Phillips'
- Shutdown suspends CFC in continental U.S.
- 2-star in charge of ICBMs fired
- AF: Religious intolerance claim unsubstantiated
- Nearly 900 airmen sent home from NCOA, ALS due to government shutdown
- Adjustment disorder may now net disability pay
- Vietnam, WWII airmen's remains recovered, to be buried at Arlington
- Hill negotiations move slowly under tight deadline
- Kerry in Afghanistan for urgent security talks
- Report warns of threat of loose missiles in Syria
- Report: Syrian rebels committed war crimes
- U.S. captures Pakistani Taliban commander in Afghanistan
- Global chemical watchdog wins Nobel Peace Prize
- Senate OKs bill for military chaplains
- Doctors going without pay from Tricare
- Major hurdles remain before North Korea talks resume
- $30,000 went missing amid rescue of Capt. Phillips
- Air Force falls late to San Diego State, 27-20
- U.N. extends NATO force in Afghanistan for last time
Start your day with a roundup of top defense news.
- Reservistís quick actions in condo fire save lives
- John Oliver goes after the nuclear missile community
- NATO considers another base location closer to eastern Europe