Wednesday, September 18
- Air Force's top enlisted: Roll call is back
- Fund set up to help families of Navy Yard shooting victims
- Cody: EPR overhaul will fix 'inflated system'
- Boeing to end C-17 production in 2015
- Leaders look to slow growth of pay and benefits, thin 3- and 4-star ranks
- VA: Aaron Alexis never sought treatment for PTSD
- R.I. base didn't consider Navy Yard shooter a threat
- Defense pushes to pause 9/11 case at Guantanamo
- Navy Yard gunman's mom: 'I don't know why he did it'
- SecDef orders military-wide base security reviews
- Staff sgt. seeks answers after death of toddler
- F-35 costs drop as technical challenges lessen, officials say
- Service chiefs: Budget cuts put troops, nation at risk
- Iraqi PM appeals for help as car bombs kill 6
- Airlifts yield to door-to-door searches in Colo.
- Vet charity officials must resign, pay hefty restitution
- General: DoD needs ISR fleet for contested environments
- Lt. Gen. Jones talks force reduction, uniforms and program changes ahead
- Gates, Panetta question Obama's Syria strategy
- U.N. report suggests Assad regime behind sarin attack
- Air Force may get even smaller if budget cuts continue, Cody says
- Syria gives Russia chemical weapons evidence
- Navy Yard shooter reported hearing voices through walls
Start your day with a roundup of top defense news.
1Air Force halts voluntary separation pay, 15-year retirements
2Air Force halts voluntary separation pay, 15-year retirements
3Exclusive: DoD proposes revolutionary changes in retirement benefits
4Exclusive: DoD proposes revolutionary changes in retirement benefits
5New assignments for general officers
- AF to airmen: Think before you act (or update, or post, or upload)
- Air Force Chief of Staff takes part in Mustache March
- Air Force Times’ March 10 issue comic