Thursday, August 8
- 30,000 airmen have failed waist tape since 2010
- Review could lead to higher prices at the commissary
- U.S., Philippines to open talks on larger U.S. troop presence
- Yemen official: U.S. drones kill 12 in 3 airstrikes
- Top DoD doctor: Black-box malaria drug should be prescribed only as last resort
- Local cease-fire deals could hasten Afghan peace
- Expert says enemy could've used Manning's leaked info
- America votes military spouses choir to next round of 'America's Got Talent'
- 10 vital school supplies you never knew you'd need
- Fleeing driver in stolen truck crashes into JBER fence
- Pentagon's information operations chief moves on
- Alaskan Command getting new commander
Start your day with a roundup of top defense news.
1Secretary James: 21 general officer billets to be cut in fiscal 2015
2First flight delayed for KC-46A test aircraft
3$300 incentive pay for officers, some enlisted assigned to nuclear mission begins Oct. 1
4Breedlove: Junior officers, NCOs a resource 'that NATO can't waste'
5Reserve chief sees window to snag those leaving active duty
- Breedlove may get the ‘force structure pause’ he’s been asking for all along
- Air Force Times’ Sept. 22 issue comic
- 50 service members PT on eve of 9/11 to honor victims