- Filed Under
Report details coming
Check back with AirForceTimes.com for a breakdown of the report’s 45 recommendations.
Up to eight commanders face disciplinary action in the widening sex scandal at Joint Base San Antonio-Lackland, said Gen. Edward Rice, commander of Air Education and Training Command.
"This isn't about punishing people for wrongdoing. It's about holding them responsible" for upholding the highest standards, Rice said Wednesday during a press briefing at the Pentagon.
Rice said the disciplinary action is in its preliminary stages, and declined to provide further details.
Rice met with reporters just before releasing the results of an independent investigation led by Maj. Gen. Margaret H. Woodward into all AETC initial and technical training units.
The scandal at basic training in San Antonio has already cost two commanding officers their jobs, led to charges against 11 military training instructors that resulted in five convictions. One MTI was convicted of rape; others were convicted on charges involving inappropriate relationships with recruits. So far, 25 MTIs are, or have been, under investigation, and the number of possible victims has climbed to 49.