- Filed Under
The Air Force Personnel center announced Friday that more than 3,200 officers have been selected for promotion following July selection boards.
The service considered 3,478 first lieutenants for Line of the Air Force captain, along with 162 majors and 61 captains for the Medical Service Corps.
The results of the board show:
• In-the-promotion zone for captain: 3,098 were selected from 3,333 considered, a 92.9 percent select rate
• Above-the-promotion zone for promotion to captain: 69 selected from 145 considered, a 47.6 percent select rate
• In-the-promotion zone for major: 54 selected from 57 considered, a 94.7 percent select rate
• Above-the-promotion zone for major: 1 selected from 4 considered, a 25 percent select rate
• Below-the-promotion zone for major: None considered
• In-the-promotion zone for lieutenant colonel: 32 selected from 44 considered, a 72.7 percent select rate.
• Above-the-promotion zone for lieutenant colonel: 3 selected from 18 considered, a 16.7 percent select rate
• Below-the-promotion zone for lieutenant colonel: 3 selected from 100 considered, a 3 percent select rate